Mobile network Orange has joined the NFC Patent Licensing Program, a patent pool run by France Brevets and launched in June with Inside Secure. “Our licensees will benefit, in addition to key patents brought by Inside Secure, to many NFC patents brought by Orange,” says Jean-Charles Hourcade, general manager of France Brevets. “We encourage other relevant patent holders to join our program to simplify the industrial deployment of NFC products and services.”
- Apple to open up the iPhone’s NFC chip at WWDC?
- Alipay to invest $448m promoting face recognition payments in stores
- Visa unveils next generation payments platform
- German central banker calls for European payments network
- JCPenney pulls support for contactless payments