ING Bank Slaski is to conduct a twelve month NFC payments trial in Poland. The two hundred pilot testers, all employees of Bank Slaski or its partners Visa Europe and Oberthur, will use BlackBerry NFC phones or iPhones equipped with an NFC add-on to make mobile payments at merchants equipped with contactless point-of-sale terminals.
- Thinfilm raises US$110m to support growth in NFC market
- Facebook Messenger adds PayPal P2P payments
- Mastercard to eliminate signature verification at the point of sale
- The Clearing House to secure real-time payments system with tokenization
- Visa makes it easier to integrate emerging authentication technologies