The number of NFC-enabled mobile devices shipped worldwide will more than double this year to nearly 100m, according to Forrester Research, but mainstream use of the technology “remains three to five years away in most countries”.
- ABN Amro pilots wearable payments with select customers
- Danske Bank brings Apple Pay to customers in Northern Ireland
- Dankort gets lockscreen mobile payments and Touch ID support
- Punchh brings Apple Pay to restaurant loyalty program
- East London gets local currency built on the blockchain