The number of NFC-enabled mobile devices shipped worldwide will more than double this year to nearly 100m, according to Forrester Research, but mainstream use of the technology “remains three to five years away in most countries”.
- Microsoft rebrands wallet as Microsoft Pay
- ICICI Bank partners with Paytm to offer instant loans during checkout
- Apple GymKit with NFC goes live in Australia
- Video shows that children could use Face ID to unlock their parents’ iPhone X
- UK supermarkets to test face recognition for proof-of-age at self-checkout tills