Nokia is to begin shipping a Windows Phone 8 NFC device, codenamed the Phi, during the last week of October 2012, according to the Nokia Innovation blog. The Nokia Phi is believed to be the successor to the Lumia 800 and will be one of three Nokia WP8 phones launched at that time.
- L’Oréal launches wearable sensor that uses NFC to alert iPhone users to the risk of sun damage to their skin
- Swiss banks face mobile payments boycott investigation
- Walmart equips staff in 3,000+ stores with mobile POS devices
- KBC to pilot multiple wearable payments options
- Deutsche Bank unveils loyalty-first mobile wallet venture