Nokia is to begin shipping a Windows Phone 8 NFC device, codenamed the Phi, during the last week of October 2012, according to the Nokia Innovation blog. The Nokia Phi is believed to be the successor to the Lumia 800 and will be one of three Nokia WP8 phones launched at that time.
- Apple to open up the iPhone’s NFC chip at WWDC?
- Alipay to invest $448m promoting face recognition payments in stores
- Visa unveils next generation payments platform
- German central banker calls for European payments network
- JCPenney pulls support for contactless payments