Nokia is to begin shipping a Windows Phone 8 NFC device, codenamed the Phi, during the last week of October 2012, according to the Nokia Innovation blog. The Nokia Phi is believed to be the successor to the Lumia 800 and will be one of three Nokia WP8 phones launched at that time.
- Amazon gets approval for digital wallet in India
- Orange to launch mobile-only bank with NFC payments and AI
- Bank of Korea signs up retailers for coinless society trial
- Six Dutch banks to take Belgium’s Payconiq to the Netherlands
- NXP and GCL Technologies offer NFC tamper evident closure solution for wine and spirits brands