A Kickstarter project that will offer consumers building blocks for easy home automation, monitoring and control is set to support NFC. SmartThings, which aims to “connect the things in your physical world to the internet,” has already exceeded its crowd-sourced funding target of US$250,000 with 25 days to go. “We love NFC and plan for SmartThings to support it within our mobile apps,” say the developers.
- ECB survey finds cash still dominates payments in the euro zone
- Bangkok street food vendors switch to mobile payments
- Starling Bank integrates third party rewards into open banking platform
- Sberbank to build ID platform that supports face, voice and retina biometrics
- Messaging app Line reports 40m mobile payment users