Estonia’s banks are to begin pilot testing NFC services in January 2013. The move follows an in-depth research project which has resulted in the banks specifying NFC SIMs issued by a mobile network operator as their preferred route to market.
- Shanghai Metro installs QR code readers at ticketing gates
- National Australia Bank integrates with Amazon Alexa
- Westpac adds support for Amazon Alexa
- Ride-hailing app Grab acquires mobile payments startup iKaaz
- Starbucks tests cashless store concept in Seattle