Estonia’s banks are to begin pilot testing NFC services in January 2013. The move follows an in-depth research project which has resulted in the banks specifying NFC SIMs issued by a mobile network operator as their preferred route to market.
- Opal card implanted into Sydney man Meow-Meow could be deactivated by NSW authorities
- American Express goes live with Android Pay in Canada
- A biometric ring could replace your passwords, cards and keys
- Singapore banks to allow cellphone numbers for transfers
- NXP, Shanghai Unicom and Roam2Free collaborate to develop secure eSIM solution