Customers tap their NFC phone to a menu card to bring up a mobile site with the restaurant’s full menu, including details of ingredients and prices, from where they place an order. “This system could cut waiting time for waiters during peak hours,” Ashoo Agarwal, SAI’s managing director, told the Bangkok Post. “It could also help overcome language barriers for foreign customers when communicating with waiters.”
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works
- Samsung Pay launches in Sweden and the UAE, enters early access in Hong Kong and Switzerland