The Internet Engineering Task Force‘s TLS working group has published a draft document that describes the implementation of the TLS (transport layer security) protocol over the NFC LLCP layer. “LLCPS enforces a strong security in NFC P2P exchanges,” says author Pascal Urien. Producing an IETF draft is the first stage of a process which can lead to the publication of an internet standard.
- Reader offer: Get a free ‘POS terminal in a box’ dev kit from STMicroelectronics
- Central bank tightens rules on accepting cards and cash in Chinese stores
- Eight million merchants now accept Paytm QR payments in stores
- Facebook patent sets out how AIs could accept Messenger payments
- Uber to let customers use Venmo to share costs with friends