Austrian mobile network operator A1 reports that it has successfully tested a new NFC access control service called Airkey, developed by door lock maker Evva, IT specialist Rise and the Vienna University of Technology. 40 participants used Sony Xperia S smartphones for the pilot. A1 already operates an NFC payments service called A1 Paybox, which it is testing with McDonald’s.
- UK challenger bank Monzo lets account holders save funds in flexible pots
- Samsung Pay goes live in Mexico
- Issuers to adopt common QR code for payments in Singapore from 2018
- Norwegian banks to form joint venture in bid to combat threat of global tech giants
- ABN Amro includes access to Tikkie payments in new developer APIs