Austrian mobile network operator A1 reports that it has successfully tested a new NFC access control service called Airkey, developed by door lock maker Evva, IT specialist Rise and the Vienna University of Technology. 40 participants used Sony Xperia S smartphones for the pilot. A1 already operates an NFC payments service called A1 Paybox, which it is testing with McDonald’s.
- Bayern Munich adds NFC ticketing for Apple users at Allianz Arena
- Barclays lets customers use their mobile banking app to restrict the type of stores their card can be used in
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands
- The world’s biggest electronics store uses NFC tags to let shoppers self-checkout on their mobile phones
- Singtel adds Apple Pay to Dash mobile wallet