Austrian mobile network operator A1 reports that it has successfully tested a new NFC access control service called Airkey, developed by door lock maker Evva, IT specialist Rise and the Vienna University of Technology. 40 participants used Sony Xperia S smartphones for the pilot. A1 already operates an NFC payments service called A1 Paybox, which it is testing with McDonald’s.
- One in 10 UK consumers have used mobile payments, survey reveals
- 25% of UK card payments now contactless
- NFC included in Nintendo Switch controller
- US bank to upgrade all ATMs for mobile withdrawals
- Australian bank offers instant digital card replacement