Austrian mobile network operator A1 reports that it has successfully tested a new NFC access control service called Airkey, developed by door lock maker Evva, IT specialist Rise and the Vienna University of Technology. 40 participants used Sony Xperia S smartphones for the pilot. A1 already operates an NFC payments service called A1 Paybox, which it is testing with McDonald’s.
- Chevrolet and Shell let drivers pay for fuel and access offers from their vehicles
- US supermarket chain Meijer to launch mobile self-checkout service
- Charity to roll out contactless donation screens following successful three week pilot
- Google’s mobile payments app has now been installed 100m times
- JCB to pilot biometric payment cards in Japan