TmoNews reports that Isis NFC SIMs will be available from T-Mobile stores in Salt Lake City and Austin from Monday 1 October. A screenshot that appears to be from an internal T-Mobile system explains to staff that “The Isis SIM card has an embedded secure element which the Isis Mobile Wallet will use to encrypt and secure payment information” and shows that both regular and micro format SIMs will be offered.
- eMarketer: Mobile payments adoption held back by ‘strong contactless card usage’ in Europe
- Korean card companies to launch joint NFC payments service in bid to combat Chinese QR threat
- Wells Fargo puts AI into mobile app to help customers manage their money
- Apple CEO: Mobile payments taking off more slowly than expected
- Microsoft sets out vision for a blockchain-based infrastructure that lets consumers manage their own digital identities