TmoNews reports that Isis NFC SIMs will be available from T-Mobile stores in Salt Lake City and Austin from Monday 1 October. A screenshot that appears to be from an internal T-Mobile system explains to staff that “The Isis SIM card has an embedded secure element which the Isis Mobile Wallet will use to encrypt and secure payment information” and shows that both regular and micro format SIMs will be offered.
- ANZ lets customers use smartphones and smartwatches to withdraw cash from ATMs across Australia
- Ithmaar Bank to let Bahraini consumers withdraw cash from ATMs with just their fingerprint and a PIN
- LG to pilot blockchain carrier billing system for international mobile payments in stores
- Digital currency pioneer David Chaum launches high speed blockchain for payments
- Beijing to pilot face recognition payments at railway ticketing barriers