RIM has worked with Canadian NFC specialist Crosscliq to showcase NFC at this year’s Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF). BlackBerry ambassadors equipped with NFC smartphones were on site to offer festival goers the chance to vote for their favourite film, download the official TIFF interactive film guide and other BlackBerry entertainment apps as well as enter a contest to win a trip to Hollywood — all using a single tap of an NFC phone.
- Apple Pay goes live in Austria
- Apple to open up the iPhone’s NFC chip at WWDC?
- Alipay to invest $448m promoting face recognition payments in stores
- Visa unveils next generation payments platform
- German central banker calls for European payments network