RIM has worked with Canadian NFC specialist Crosscliq to showcase NFC at this year’s Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF). BlackBerry ambassadors equipped with NFC smartphones were on site to offer festival goers the chance to vote for their favourite film, download the official TIFF interactive film guide and other BlackBerry entertainment apps as well as enter a contest to win a trip to Hollywood — all using a single tap of an NFC phone.
- Wearable ‘Teng’ generators harvest energy from body movement to charge mobiles
- Federal Reserve plans to endorse a faster payment system
- Carrier billing for Apple services spreads to Denmark, Hong Kong, Sweden
- TD Canada for iOS now lets you easily add TD cards to Apple Pay
- PayPal to let Citibank and Chase customers pay with loyalty points