RIM has worked with Canadian NFC specialist Crosscliq to showcase NFC at this year’s Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF). BlackBerry ambassadors equipped with NFC smartphones were on site to offer festival goers the chance to vote for their favourite film, download the official TIFF interactive film guide and other BlackBerry entertainment apps as well as enter a contest to win a trip to Hollywood — all using a single tap of an NFC phone.
- Bayern Munich adds NFC ticketing for Apple users at Allianz Arena
- Barclays lets customers use their mobile banking app to restrict the type of stores their card can be used in
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands
- The world’s biggest electronics store uses NFC tags to let shoppers self-checkout on their mobile phones
- Singtel adds Apple Pay to Dash mobile wallet