Giesecke & Devrient‘s TSM centres in Toronto and Munich have added Visa approval to the MasterCard certifications they received in 2011 and 2009. “By operating two separate but interlinked data centres, one in Munich and the other in Toronto, G&D can guarantee service providers uninterrupted access even if one of the centres should encounter technical problems,” says the company.
- BBVA bank staff to test face recognition for self-serve restaurant orders and payments
- Carriers in Singapore, India, Thailand and the Philippines to link their mobile wallet services
- Huawei to launch mobile payments in 100 countries this year
- Church of England rolls out contactless donations to 16,000 churches, cathedrals and religious sites
- Auchan lets Italian supermarket shoppers scan and pay on their mobile phone