A new Android app called FileBeam allows users to transfer files held on the Dropbox cloud storage service between two NFC devices. “Tap on a folder to expand it, select files (and even folders!), and then beam it on another NFC enabled device by tapping on it,” say the developers.
- BBVA bank staff to test face recognition for self-serve restaurant orders and payments
- Carriers in Singapore, India, Thailand and the Philippines to link their mobile wallet services
- Huawei to launch mobile payments in 100 countries this year
- Church of England rolls out contactless donations to 16,000 churches, cathedrals and religious sites
- Auchan lets Italian supermarket shoppers scan and pay on their mobile phone