Canada’s first commercial NFC payments service is set to launch on 15 October, according to documents seen by Mobile Syrup. Rogers and CIBC bank’s new “Suretap” service will launch with support for BlackBerry Bold 9900 and Curve 9360 NFC phones, the Canadian mobile news site reports.
- Bank of England examines the technical requirements of central bank-issued digital currencies
- Premier Food Service adds rewards to contactless vending machines
- UK’s Payment Systems Regulator outlines PSD2 enforcement process
- Financial Conduct Authority sets out PSD2 requirements for UK payment service providers
- BIS reports on the potential of central bank-issued cryptocurrencies