The Isis pilot launch has been “softer than a goose down pillow”, says GigaOm’s Stacey Higginbotham, who has been checking out the service in Austin, Texas and found that merchant awareness of the NFC payments system is currently quite low. “Despite being listed on the Isis web site, many local merchants had no clue they were now able to accept Isis payments, or even knew what the program was,” says Higginbotham.
- eMarketer: Mobile payments adoption held back by ‘strong contactless card usage’ in Europe
- Korean card companies to launch joint NFC payments service in bid to combat Chinese QR threat
- Wells Fargo puts AI into mobile app to help customers manage their money
- Apple CEO: Mobile payments taking off more slowly than expected
- Microsoft sets out vision for a blockchain-based infrastructure that lets consumers manage their own digital identities