The Isis pilot launch has been “softer than a goose down pillow”, says GigaOm’s Stacey Higginbotham, who has been checking out the service in Austin, Texas and found that merchant awareness of the NFC payments system is currently quite low. “Despite being listed on the Isis web site, many local merchants had no clue they were now able to accept Isis payments, or even knew what the program was,” says Higginbotham.
- UK supermarket pilots self-checkout service that lets shoppers scan and pay by smartphone
- Contactless ‘beer wall’ lets students serve and pay for their own drinks
- UK consumers warm to face verification at the point of sale
- Heart scan biometrics could let computers continuously monitor logged in users
- New iPhones and Apple Watch to support NFC-F for FeliCa payments around the world