Miami-based NFC specialist Flomio has turned to crowdfunding to finance production of a plug-in device that will bring NFC to Apple’s iPhone and iPad. The ‘Flojack’ is a lollipop-shaped NFC transceiver that plugs into an iOS device’s headphone jack. The first Flojacks will ship in March 2013 if US$80,000 is raised on Kickstarter by 26 November.
- Google Pay rolls out Gmail integration that lets users automatically import tickets, coupons and loyalty cards from email
- McDonald’s integrates Alipay mobile payments and rewards into Hong Kong app
- ST webinar explores the potential of Type 5 NFC tags — watch it now
- Queensland rolls out contactless driving licences
- Vietnam tops global growth for mobile payments