Capacitive sensing provider Cirque has teamed up with authentication specialist SecureKey to build EMV payments security into its GlidePoint NFC-enabled trackpad. The new GlideSecure trackpads “will provide an ideal solution for personal authentication and payment applications” say the partners.
- Google Assistant adds support for voice-based payments
- Shell rolls out mobile payments at the pump
- China opens up its payments market to foreign companies
- Starbucks to run cashless store pilot in South Korea
- Apple closes Dutch bank Bunq’s backdoor to Apple Pay