Close to 100m NFC secure elements will be shipped this year and that number will double in 2013, according to analysis conducted by smart card trade body Eurosmart. 750m contactless cards will also be produced in 2013, up from 600m in 2012.
- Public Transport Victoria reports strong takeup for Mobile myki transit cards
- US Payments Forum sets out best practices for growing contactless payments adoption
- National Bank of Kuwait claims world first with contactless metal Visa credit card
- Phoenix Suns to provide basketball fans with mobile payments and NFC ticketing at Talking Stick Resort Arena
- HonkMobile launches app-free Apple Pay NFC payments