Close to 100m NFC secure elements will be shipped this year and that number will double in 2013, according to analysis conducted by smart card trade body Eurosmart. 750m contactless cards will also be produced in 2013, up from 600m in 2012.
- BBVA brings Android Pay to Spain
- Moneris study reveals 36% contactless payment increase in Canada
- JCPenney adds credit cards and loyalty rewards to Apple Pay
- Tech company workers agree to have microchips implanted in their hands
- Tap-and-go kills the cash cow