Close to 100m NFC secure elements will be shipped this year and that number will double in 2013, according to analysis conducted by smart card trade body Eurosmart. 750m contactless cards will also be produced in 2013, up from 600m in 2012.
- Google Pay goes live in Italy
- Pulse reports on US uptake of mobile debit card payments
- Bank of America brings mobile payments to business card customers
- OP Financial tests face recognition for payments in stores
- Singapore begins rollout of QR code that works with multiple mobile payment schemes