RBS Group, which owns the UK’s Royal Bank of Scotland and NatWest banks, has picked Giesecke and Devrient as the TSM for its TouchPay NFC payments project. G&D is also managing data generation and fulfilment of the iCarte devices used to add NFC functionality to customers’ iPhone 4 and 4S handsets.
- Mastercard to make Apple Card technology available to other issuers
- Facebook to roll out GlobalCoin digital currency in ‘a dozen countries’ next year
- iPhone NFC ticketing goes live at Brisbane’s Suncorp Stadium
- India sets out plans for a cash-lite society
- Monese teases Apple Pay launches in 13 European countries