A survey carried out by market researcher YouGov in Germany has revealed that, while 54% of the population has heard of NFC, only one in six (16%) can see themselves using NFC and contactless payments in the future. Most cited security concerns, with 52% worrying about NFC technology being potentially insecure. Germans from 30-39 years old are the most willing to use NFC mobile payments.
- Gatwick Airport installs 2,000 BLE beacons for augmented reality wayfinding
- Lotte Card introduces ‘pay with your palm’
- Debit cards set to overtake cash in 2018, three years earlier than expected
- Digital, decisive and drone-ready: American Express commissioned study shows Gen Z’s customer experience expectations
- EU agency calls for action on IoT security