A survey carried out by market researcher YouGov in Germany has revealed that, while 54% of the population has heard of NFC, only one in six (16%) can see themselves using NFC and contactless payments in the future. Most cited security concerns, with 52% worrying about NFC technology being potentially insecure. Germans from 30-39 years old are the most willing to use NFC mobile payments.
- Android Pay to launch in Korea in May?
- Nordea Bank: PSD2 will require banks to adopt a ‘totally new way of viewing their customer base’
- UK consumers want more biometric security options for online banking
- Apple Pay struggles in China in the face of tough competition
- Study reveals US attitudes to authentication methods