A survey carried out by market researcher YouGov in Germany has revealed that, while 54% of the population has heard of NFC, only one in six (16%) can see themselves using NFC and contactless payments in the future. Most cited security concerns, with 52% worrying about NFC technology being potentially insecure. Germans from 30-39 years old are the most willing to use NFC mobile payments.
- Tesco lets shoppers self-checkout with their mobile phone at new Jack’s discount chain
- Brunei’s largest bank to use Rambus’ Token Service Provider platform to secure mobile payment transactions
- HID Global enables workers to log in with NFC mobile phones
- Costa lets customers make payments with their coffee cups
- Vancouver commuters ‘queue down the block’ for TransLink transit ticketing wristbands