55% of Dutch consumers would prefer to make mobile payments through an app rather than NFC, according to a poll of 15-65 year olds conducted by Telecompaper. Respondents said convenience and trust are paramount when choosing who handles their payments. Most prefer payments to be handled by their bank, with phone manufacturers and mobile networks trailing far behind. Only 1% would opt for a system where they would pay via different apps in different stores.
- Tech firms to explore next gen payment cards that combine fingerprint sensors with digital displays
- Google Pay goes live in France
- EU antitrust chief ‘could review’ Apple Pay
- Apple Pay goes live in Germany
- EU citizens report bugs in UK government NFC passport reading app