55% of Dutch consumers would prefer to make mobile payments through an app rather than NFC, according to a poll of 15-65 year olds conducted by Telecompaper. Respondents said convenience and trust are paramount when choosing who handles their payments. Most prefer payments to be handled by their bank, with phone manufacturers and mobile networks trailing far behind. Only 1% would opt for a system where they would pay via different apps in different stores.
- Rambus explores five key reasons retailers should have a mobile wallet
- TSB to roll out iris scanning tech
- Wells Fargo wants its ‘Control Tower’ to manage your digital financial life
- Mastercard expands QR payments choice
- Amazon Pay Places lets you pay for real-world shopping using your Amazon info