55% of Dutch consumers would prefer to make mobile payments through an app rather than NFC, according to a poll of 15-65 year olds conducted by Telecompaper. Respondents said convenience and trust are paramount when choosing who handles their payments. Most prefer payments to be handled by their bank, with phone manufacturers and mobile networks trailing far behind. Only 1% would opt for a system where they would pay via different apps in different stores.
- Carrefour tests biometric payments at point of sale
- Facebook to offer WhatsApp payments in Africa?
- Shenzhen Metro tests face recognition payments
- Shanghai bus operator adds face recognition payments
- German savings banks to offer Apple Pay ‘this year’