Samsung reports that it has shipped 5m Galaxy Note II “phablets” over the last 60 days. The NFC enabled device is essentially a larger version of the Korean phone maker’s hugely successful Galaxy S III which, the company revealed earlier this month, has shipped more than 30m units since its launch in May.
- Reader offer: Get a free ‘POS terminal in a box’ dev kit from STMicroelectronics
- Central bank tightens rules on accepting cards and cash in Chinese stores
- Eight million merchants now accept Paytm QR payments in stores
- Facebook patent sets out how AIs could accept Messenger payments
- Uber to let customers use Venmo to share costs with friends