The UK’s RBS Group is currently testing Visa’s V.me digital wallet ahead of a full rollout in 2013. RBS’ Royal Bank of Scotland and NatWest banks are also working with Visa Europe on an NFC payments service called TouchPay.
- Orange to launch mobile-only bank with NFC payments and AI
- Bank of Korea signs up retailers for coinless society trial
- Six Dutch banks to take Belgium’s Payconiq to the Netherlands
- NXP and GCL Technologies offer NFC tamper evident closure solution for wine and spirits brands
- Mastercard tests biometric payments card in South Africa