DeviceFidelity’s NFC mobile wallet solution is now available at MetroPCS stores in the San Francisco Bay Area. The Moneto Android kit is based on a prepaid MasterCard account and uses an NFC-enabled microSD card to add PayPass-compatible contactless payment to Android phones “whether or not they are carried by MetroPCS”. Instant rewards and cash back offers have now also been added to the service.
- Google’s mobile payments app has now been installed 100m times
- JCB to pilot biometric payment cards in Japan
- Royal Bank of Canada adds support for Samsung Pay
- Emirates NBD rolls out blockchain security platform that adds QR codes to physical cheques
- Google Pay expands support for transit ticketing cards to Portland