DeviceFidelity’s NFC mobile wallet solution is now available at MetroPCS stores in the San Francisco Bay Area. The Moneto Android kit is based on a prepaid MasterCard account and uses an NFC-enabled microSD card to add PayPass-compatible contactless payment to Android phones “whether or not they are carried by MetroPCS”. Instant rewards and cash back offers have now also been added to the service.
- Alipay and UnionPay to support Japanese J-Coin digital currency
- ETSI mandates hardware security for consumer IoT devices
- Swiss railway operator SBB to roll out account-based mobile ticketing
- EU sets out plans for contactless European identity cards
- SK Telecom and Deutsche Telekom to build blockchain-based digital ID platform