UK-based NFC specialist Proxama is expanding overseas with the opening of an office in the US. “We expect 2013 to be a big year for NFC across the globe so having a presence in New York will position us perfectly for developing and servicing the new relationships we are establishing,” says managing director Miles Quitmann.
- Shell pilots RFID system that scans all the items in a shopping basket in one go
- Metro Bank lets customers open an account with a selfie
- Dutch banks ING and Rabobank begin QR code payments pilot
- ABN Amro pulls out of Dutch banks’ mobile payment venture
- Commonwealth Bank introduces chatbot that can answer 200 banking and payments questions