India-based mobile phone maker Karbonn is to introduce mobile phones and tablets with NFC capabilities in 2013. “We are planning to focus on LTE and NFC technologies as we believe these are the next frontiers of technology where the real growth is,” a company spokesman has told The Mobile Indian.
- ABN Amro pilots wearable payments with select customers
- Danske Bank brings Apple Pay to customers in Northern Ireland
- Dankort gets lockscreen mobile payments and Touch ID support
- Punchh brings Apple Pay to restaurant loyalty program
- East London gets local currency built on the blockchain