India-based mobile phone maker Karbonn is to introduce mobile phones and tablets with NFC capabilities in 2013. “We are planning to focus on LTE and NFC technologies as we believe these are the next frontiers of technology where the real growth is,” a company spokesman has told The Mobile Indian.
- Atos offers to acquire Gemalto for €4.3bn
- Men’s Health gives positive review to Gymkit with NFC
- First US gym adds support for Apple Watch NFC pairing with exercise machines
- Australian banks ordered to cut contactless transaction fees
- GfK: Promoting the security of mobile payments could be the key to wider adoption