Citibank is to issue contactless payment stickers to all new customers in the Czech Republic of its Citi Life, Citi Life Metropole, Citi Broker Consulting, Citi Billa and Citi CSA credit cards from February 2013. The stickers will also be available on request to existing customers. The move follows the launch of a similar service in Hungary in October 2012.
- Chinese province uses Alipay QR codes for citizen ID
- Facebook to launch Messenger payments in India
- Walmart equips garden centre staff with mobile checkout devices
- Chevrolet and Shell let drivers pay for fuel and access offers from their vehicles
- US supermarket chain Meijer to launch mobile self-checkout service