Hong Kong-based NFC wallet specialist Toro has opened a European research and development centre in Barcelona, Spain. Seven technical staff have already been recruited and an additional twenty developers and UI designers will be hired in 2013. “The Barcelona team is already working on a national NFC wallet deployment by one of the major European telecom operators,” the company says.
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works
- Samsung Pay launches in Sweden and the UAE, enters early access in Hong Kong and Switzerland
- bPay contactless wearables enable automatic donations to UK charities
- UK restaurant chains test digital mobile banking receipts tied to customer purchases
- Apple marks Earth Day with Apple Pay donations