Hong Kong-based NFC wallet specialist Toro has opened a European research and development centre in Barcelona, Spain. Seven technical staff have already been recruited and an additional twenty developers and UI designers will be hired in 2013. “The Barcelona team is already working on a national NFC wallet deployment by one of the major European telecom operators,” the company says.
- Microsoft rebrands wallet as Microsoft Pay
- ICICI Bank partners with Paytm to offer instant loans during checkout
- Apple GymKit with NFC goes live in Australia
- Video shows that children could use Face ID to unlock their parents’ iPhone X
- UK supermarkets to test face recognition for proof-of-age at self-checkout tills