Hong Kong-based NFC wallet specialist Toro has opened a European research and development centre in Barcelona, Spain. Seven technical staff have already been recruited and an additional twenty developers and UI designers will be hired in 2013. “The Barcelona team is already working on a national NFC wallet deployment by one of the major European telecom operators,” the company says.
- Tappy Christmas! Save the Children raises money with contactless jumpers
- Bayern Munich adds NFC ticketing for Apple users at Allianz Arena
- Barclays lets customers use their mobile banking app to restrict the type of stores their card can be used in
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands
- The world’s biggest electronics store uses NFC tags to let shoppers self-checkout on their mobile phones