Mobile network operator Vivo, part of the Telefonica group, and Brazil’s Bradesco bank have begun an NFC payments pilot. Employees of both companies are participating in the test, which enables them to store a Bradesco debit card on an NFC phone and use it to make payments.
- Apple releases iOS 11 with support for NFC tag reading
- Bank of England examines the technical requirements of central bank-issued digital currencies
- Premier Food Service adds rewards to contactless vending machines
- UK’s Payment Systems Regulator outlines PSD2 enforcement process
- Financial Conduct Authority sets out PSD2 requirements for UK payment service providers