A teardown of the new BlackBerry Z10 smartphone conducted by TechInsights shows that the device’s NFC functionality is provided by an Inside Secure SecuRead NFC controller and secure element module. Earlier BlackBerry NFC phones also used chips from Inside Secure for NFC.
- Shell pilots RFID system that scans all the items in a shopping basket in one go
- Metro Bank lets customers open an account with a selfie
- Dutch banks ING and Rabobank begin QR code payments pilot
- ABN Amro pulls out of Dutch banks’ mobile payment venture
- Commonwealth Bank introduces chatbot that can answer 200 banking and payments questions