Version 2.0 of the Tizen open source mobile operating system is now available and developers can download the source code and SDK from the Tizen website. Tizen is based on Linux, includes support for NFC and is backed by major mobile network operators, device and component makers including Intel, Huawei, Samsung, Orange and NTT Docomo.
- Gatwick Airport installs 2,000 BLE beacons for augmented reality wayfinding
- Lotte Card introduces ‘pay with your palm’
- Debit cards set to overtake cash in 2018, three years earlier than expected
- Digital, decisive and drone-ready: American Express commissioned study shows Gen Z’s customer experience expectations
- EU agency calls for action on IoT security