Version 2.0 of the Tizen open source mobile operating system is now available and developers can download the source code and SDK from the Tizen website. Tizen is based on Linux, includes support for NFC and is backed by major mobile network operators, device and component makers including Intel, Huawei, Samsung, Orange and NTT Docomo.
- BBVA bank staff to test face recognition for self-serve restaurant orders and payments
- Carriers in Singapore, India, Thailand and the Philippines to link their mobile wallet services
- Huawei to launch mobile payments in 100 countries this year
- Church of England rolls out contactless donations to 16,000 churches, cathedrals and religious sites
- Auchan lets Italian supermarket shoppers scan and pay on their mobile phone