France-based mobile network operator Orange has launched the Orange NFC Awards, a competition for NFC application developers with a total of €40,000 (US$53,448) in prize money, plus a further €5,000 bonus for developers who make use of SIM-based NFC security in their app. The contest is open to all but information is currently available in French only. The entry deadline is 24 March 2013.
- Amazon gets approval for digital wallet in India
- Orange to launch mobile-only bank with NFC payments and AI
- Bank of Korea signs up retailers for coinless society trial
- Six Dutch banks to take Belgium’s Payconiq to the Netherlands
- NXP and GCL Technologies offer NFC tamper evident closure solution for wine and spirits brands