France-based mobile network operator Orange has launched the Orange NFC Awards, a competition for NFC application developers with a total of €40,000 (US$53,448) in prize money, plus a further €5,000 bonus for developers who make use of SIM-based NFC security in their app. The contest is open to all but information is currently available in French only. The entry deadline is 24 March 2013.
- eMarketer: Mobile payments adoption held back by ‘strong contactless card usage’ in Europe
- Korean card companies to launch joint NFC payments service in bid to combat Chinese QR threat
- Wells Fargo puts AI into mobile app to help customers manage their money
- Apple CEO: Mobile payments taking off more slowly than expected
- Microsoft sets out vision for a blockchain-based infrastructure that lets consumers manage their own digital identities