Boloro Kuwait has completed a contactless payments pilot on public transit in Kuwait City. The trial, in partnership with mobile network Zain, saw customers use contactless stickers attached to their phones to pay for journeys on buses operated by Kuwait Public Transport Company (KPTC) and CityGroup. A 16 digit code links the Boloro sticker to the customer’s prepaid mobile account, and a receipt delivered by SMS confirms each transaction. “The pilot has been a success on all counts,” says the company.
- NFC Forum launches tag certification program
- Students test finger vein payments at UK supermarket
- Hilton lets customers pay with points for Amazon purchases
- Apple releases iOS 11 with support for NFC tag reading
- Bank of England examines the technical requirements of central bank-issued digital currencies