Boloro Kuwait has completed a contactless payments pilot on public transit in Kuwait City. The trial, in partnership with mobile network Zain, saw customers use contactless stickers attached to their phones to pay for journeys on buses operated by Kuwait Public Transport Company (KPTC) and CityGroup. A 16 digit code links the Boloro sticker to the customer’s prepaid mobile account, and a receipt delivered by SMS confirms each transaction. “The pilot has been a success on all counts,” says the company.
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works