Boloro Kuwait has completed a contactless payments pilot on public transit in Kuwait City. The trial, in partnership with mobile network Zain, saw customers use contactless stickers attached to their phones to pay for journeys on buses operated by Kuwait Public Transport Company (KPTC) and CityGroup. A 16 digit code links the Boloro sticker to the customer’s prepaid mobile account, and a receipt delivered by SMS confirms each transaction. “The pilot has been a success on all counts,” says the company.
- Six in ten Chinese consumers have experienced a mobile payments security threat
- Japanese NFC pioneer NTT Docomo to introduce QR code payments
- Shanghai Metro installs QR code readers at ticketing gates
- National Australia Bank integrates with Amazon Alexa
- Westpac adds support for Amazon Alexa