Boloro Kuwait has completed a contactless payments pilot on public transit in Kuwait City. The trial, in partnership with mobile network Zain, saw customers use contactless stickers attached to their phones to pay for journeys on buses operated by Kuwait Public Transport Company (KPTC) and CityGroup. A 16 digit code links the Boloro sticker to the customer’s prepaid mobile account, and a receipt delivered by SMS confirms each transaction. “The pilot has been a success on all counts,” says the company.
- Microsoft rebrands wallet as Microsoft Pay
- ICICI Bank partners with Paytm to offer instant loans during checkout
- Apple GymKit with NFC goes live in Australia
- Video shows that children could use Face ID to unlock their parents’ iPhone X
- UK supermarkets to test face recognition for proof-of-age at self-checkout tills