Boloro Kuwait has completed a contactless payments pilot on public transit in Kuwait City. The trial, in partnership with mobile network Zain, saw customers use contactless stickers attached to their phones to pay for journeys on buses operated by Kuwait Public Transport Company (KPTC) and CityGroup. A 16 digit code links the Boloro sticker to the customer’s prepaid mobile account, and a receipt delivered by SMS confirms each transaction. “The pilot has been a success on all counts,” says the company.
- Charity to roll out contactless donation screens following successful three week pilot
- Google’s mobile payments app has now been installed 100m times
- JCB to pilot biometric payment cards in Japan
- Royal Bank of Canada adds support for Samsung Pay
- Emirates NBD rolls out blockchain security platform that adds QR codes to physical cheques