Boloro Kuwait has completed a contactless payments pilot on public transit in Kuwait City. The trial, in partnership with mobile network Zain, saw customers use contactless stickers attached to their phones to pay for journeys on buses operated by Kuwait Public Transport Company (KPTC) and CityGroup. A 16 digit code links the Boloro sticker to the customer’s prepaid mobile account, and a receipt delivered by SMS confirms each transaction. “The pilot has been a success on all counts,” says the company.
- Tappy Christmas! Save the Children raises money with contactless jumpers
- Bayern Munich adds NFC ticketing for Apple users at Allianz Arena
- Barclays lets customers use their mobile banking app to restrict the type of stores their card can be used in
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands
- The world’s biggest electronics store uses NFC tags to let shoppers self-checkout on their mobile phones