Boloro Kuwait has completed a contactless payments pilot on public transit in Kuwait City. The trial, in partnership with mobile network Zain, saw customers use contactless stickers attached to their phones to pay for journeys on buses operated by Kuwait Public Transport Company (KPTC) and CityGroup. A 16 digit code links the Boloro sticker to the customer’s prepaid mobile account, and a receipt delivered by SMS confirms each transaction. “The pilot has been a success on all counts,” says the company.
- Mobile marketplace offers African farmers promise of richer, cashless harvest
- US bank backs top five mobile payment services
- Mobile payments market worth $3,338bn by 2022
- Apple Pay offers Chinese New Year discounts
- Facebook gets Spanish e-money licence