China Unicom is to to use Gemalto’s UpTeq NFC SIM to secure the Unicom Merchants’ Bank mobile wallet it is rolling out in conjuction with China Merchants Bank (CMB). The NFC wallet enables consumers to make purchases at merchants who accept China UnionPay’s QuickPass contactless payments service. Gemalto’s UpTeq NFC SIM has now been chosen by mobile operators for 25 NFC projects around the world, the supplier says.
- Federal Reserve plans to endorse a faster payment system
- Carrier billing for Apple services spreads to Denmark, Hong Kong, Sweden
- TD Canada for iOS now lets you easily add TD cards to Apple Pay
- PayPal to let Citibank and Chase customers pay with loyalty points
- Rambus explores five key reasons retailers should have a mobile wallet