Gemalto is demonstrating a proof-of-concept NFC enterprise ID service at Mobile World Congress 2013. “Utilizing the company’s proven UpTeq NFC SIM, Gemalto’s experimentation enables secure and fast entry to buildings as well as [providing] strong authentication on PCs, laptops, IT networks and other company services with nothing more than a tap of the phone,” the company says.
- Chinese province uses Alipay QR codes for citizen ID
- Facebook to launch Messenger payments in India
- Walmart equips garden centre staff with mobile checkout devices
- Chevrolet and Shell let drivers pay for fuel and access offers from their vehicles
- US supermarket chain Meijer to launch mobile self-checkout service