Russia’s “Big Three” mobile network operators — MTS, Vimpelcom and MegaFon — are in discussions to create a joint venture company for the rollout of NFC services, Alexander Popovskiof, vice president of operations at MTS, has told Vedomosti.
- PayByPhone integrates with Alexa to let drivers pay by voice from their cars
- Queensland to roll out state-wide open loop ticketing for trains, buses and ferries
- China’s national transit card system to cover 260 cities this year
- Xiaomi unveils low cost fitness tracker that supports NFC and QR payments
- Airlines commit to RFID baggage tags and single biometric ID for travellers