Watchdata Technologies has announced the commercial availability of SIMpass SC, an all-in-one NFC SIM solution that incorporates an NFC antenna within a SIM card form factor. The product was unveiled at the 2012 Mobile World Congress. “This allows any mobile handset to be transformed into a contactless NFC payment device by simply changing the SIM card,” the company says.
- Garmin Pay expands to three new smartwatches
- Barclays files blockchain funds transfer and KYC patents
- More than half a billion Chinese consumers now use mobile payments
- Mastercard patent proposes combining blockchain with existing payments systems
- Shoppers prefer Apple Pay over Walmart Pay