T-Mobile is to use a custom version of Tagstand’s NFC Task Launcher app to power its forthcoming Tap Tag NFC service. Tagstand “says it’s also working with other carriers and OEMs, including EMT (Estonia, Baltic carrier), Avea (Turkey) and Alcatel, a Hong Kong-based manufacturer which will be preloading Tagstand on devices sold to a major European-based multinational carrier,” reports Techcrunch.
- Antelop to add Visa token support to white label NFC mobile wallet platform
- Japanese banks get go ahead for digital currency launch
- UK supermarket pilots self-checkout service that lets shoppers scan and pay by smartphone
- Contactless ‘beer wall’ lets students serve and pay for their own drinks
- UK consumers warm to face verification at the point of sale