T-Mobile is to use a custom version of Tagstand’s NFC Task Launcher app to power its forthcoming Tap Tag NFC service. Tagstand “says it’s also working with other carriers and OEMs, including EMT (Estonia, Baltic carrier), Avea (Turkey) and Alcatel, a Hong Kong-based manufacturer which will be preloading Tagstand on devices sold to a major European-based multinational carrier,” reports Techcrunch.
- BBVA bank staff to test face recognition for self-serve restaurant orders and payments
- Carriers in Singapore, India, Thailand and the Philippines to link their mobile wallet services
- Huawei to launch mobile payments in 100 countries this year
- Church of England rolls out contactless donations to 16,000 churches, cathedrals and religious sites
- Auchan lets Italian supermarket shoppers scan and pay on their mobile phone