Customers taking part in the pilot receive an NFC-enabled BlackBerry Curve smartphone with their Visa bank card details stored in the SIM. Customers can then use a Telefonica mobile wallet app on their phone to pay for goods at contactless POS terminals while also keeping track of their spending.
- Uber to let customers use Venmo to share costs with friends
- Seoul moves forward with plans for its own S-Pay payments system
- NXP supplies contactless and NFC chips for World Cup tickets and match balls
- Grab unveils plan to turn its mobile wallet into a platform
- WeChat Pay ‘will not seek to offer more local payment wallets’