Customers taking part in the pilot receive an NFC-enabled BlackBerry Curve smartphone with their Visa bank card details stored in the SIM. Customers can then use a Telefonica mobile wallet app on their phone to pay for goods at contactless POS terminals while also keeping track of their spending.
- Amazon begins delivering parcels to consumers’ cars
- Copenhagen Business School lets students make payments with just their finger — no card or smartphone required
- Contactless payments are now used for half of all public transport journeys in London
- Samsung Pay to go live in South Africa in June
- Walmart files blockchain payments data storage patents