Customers taking part in the pilot receive an NFC-enabled BlackBerry Curve smartphone with their Visa bank card details stored in the SIM. Customers can then use a Telefonica mobile wallet app on their phone to pay for goods at contactless POS terminals while also keeping track of their spending.
- ANZ lets customers use smartphones and smartwatches to withdraw cash from ATMs across Australia
- Ithmaar Bank to let Bahraini consumers withdraw cash from ATMs with just their fingerprint and a PIN
- LG to pilot blockchain carrier billing system for international mobile payments in stores
- Digital currency pioneer David Chaum launches high speed blockchain for payments
- Beijing to pilot face recognition payments at railway ticketing barriers