Marketing agency Charge has taken to the city streets in north east England to promote “Don’t let drink sneak up on you”, an alcohol abuse awareness campaign being run by the NHS’ Change 4 Life project. Passers-by were handed NFC-compatible wristbands which allowed those with an NFC phone to tap to download a drinks tracker app for their phone. Participants could also access the app by scanning QR codes on cards handed out during the campaign.
- UK government begins testing iPhone NFC passport reading
- Crédit Agricole pilots biometric bank cards
- Mattel adds NFC to Hot Wheels racing cars
- Android Q to let users log into Wi-Fi networks via NFC, QR or Bluetooth LE
- Chinese retailers shutter unmanned stores as ‘novelty wears off’