Banking group BAC Credomatic is to run an NFC payments pilot in Costa Rica, El Financiero reports. The increasing use of smartphones across the country, now at 29% of users, has prompted the trial according to the bank. NFC payments for public transport are also being considered for the future.
- India to rank states on digital transactions
- HSBC to launch Hong Kong P2P mobile payments app
- Indian mobile wallet adds healthcare services
- Singapore commuters to get NFC-enabled transport payment wearables
- Call to ‘digitise Indian rupee’ using blockchain