A total of 30m NFC SIMs were shipped globally by members of the SIMalliance in 2012 — an 87% increase on 2011. The Japan/Korea region was the largest market with 21m NFC SIMs shipped, followed by Western Europe at 6m. SimAlliance members, who account for 90% of the global market, shipped a total of 4.6bn SIMs in 2012, up 6% on 2011.
- Rambus explores five key reasons retailers should have a mobile wallet
- TSB to roll out iris scanning tech
- Wells Fargo wants its ‘Control Tower’ to manage your digital financial life
- Mastercard expands QR payments choice
- Amazon Pay Places lets you pay for real-world shopping using your Amazon info