“NFC handsets have reached a tipping point this year and global volumes will surge an impressive 138% in 2013”, according to a new forecast by Strategy Analytics. “Most new LTE phones will launch with NFC in the future,” the analysts say.
- Startup tracks fine art provenance using NFC tags and blockchain registry
- iPhone XS packs chips for payments from NXP and ST
- Paytm to test face verification for payments in stores?
- Huami includes NFC for travelcards, payments and access control in $116 budget smartwatch
- Google Pay closes payments data sharing loophole