250m NFC secure elements will be shipped in 2013, Eurosmart forecasts, up some 67% from the 150m units shipped in 2012 and an increase on the smart card trade body’s last estimation in November 2012. Smart secure contactless devices will also see a rise this year, from 660m units in 2012 to 895m in 2013, an increase of 36%.
- Opal card implanted into Sydney man Meow-Meow could be deactivated by NSW authorities
- American Express goes live with Android Pay in Canada
- A biometric ring could replace your passwords, cards and keys
- Singapore banks to allow cellphone numbers for transfers
- NXP, Shanghai Unicom and Roam2Free collaborate to develop secure eSIM solution