Madhya Pradesh Tourism Development Corporation is to use NFC and QR codes to provide tourists with information at heritage centres, The Times of India reports. By tapping a tag or scanning a code at the popular Khajuraho and Orchha tourist destinations, visitors who download the mobile app will be able to access detailed information, videos and pictures on their mobile phone in Hindi, English, Japanese, French and Mandarin.
- NXP to host NFC for consumables and accessories webinar on 22 February
- eMarketer: Mobile payments adoption held back by ‘strong contactless card usage’ in Europe
- Korean card companies to launch joint NFC payments service in bid to combat Chinese QR threat
- Wells Fargo puts AI into mobile app to help customers manage their money
- Apple CEO: Mobile payments taking off more slowly than expected