Madhya Pradesh Tourism Development Corporation is to use NFC and QR codes to provide tourists with information at heritage centres, The Times of India reports. By tapping a tag or scanning a code at the popular Khajuraho and Orchha tourist destinations, visitors who download the mobile app will be able to access detailed information, videos and pictures on their mobile phone in Hindi, English, Japanese, French and Mandarin.
- Apple marks Earth Day with Apple Pay donations
- WeChat Pay and offline mobile payments see “incredibly high” uptake in China
- Visa EMV transactions pass 1bn in the US
- Singapore banks add in-store QR code payments to mobile apps
- US Bank ties credit card points to mobile payments