NFC-Shop.net has launched Tapogram, an Android app that allows user to record messages up to 10 seconds long and associate them with an NFC tag. When another user taps the tag, the message is played. The company envisages use cases including talking greetings cards and gift tags, short lists and storing information about objects. The app is free to download for a limited time.
- Google Pay goes live in Italy
- Pulse reports on US uptake of mobile debit card payments
- Bank of America brings mobile payments to business card customers
- OP Financial tests face recognition for payments in stores
- Singapore begins rollout of QR code that works with multiple mobile payment schemes