Nintendo is looking at using the NFC functionality on the Wii U controller to let users make payments for games using contactless cards, as well as for interacting with NFC-enabled toys and cards, the company has revealed. As a first step, Nintendo is considering integrating with Japanese railway company JR East’s Suica stored value card service.
- Rambus publishes quick guide to Apple Pay
- Chinese banks roll out face recognition at the ATM
- Germany’s central bank reports on potential of blockchain for payments
- NXP releases NFC tag toolkit for iOS
- Banks back government-led Taiwan Pay QR payments service