Nintendo is looking at using the NFC functionality on the Wii U controller to let users make payments for games using contactless cards, as well as for interacting with NFC-enabled toys and cards, the company has revealed. As a first step, Nintendo is considering integrating with Japanese railway company JR East’s Suica stored value card service.
- Microsoft rebrands wallet as Microsoft Pay
- ICICI Bank partners with Paytm to offer instant loans during checkout
- Apple GymKit with NFC goes live in Australia
- Video shows that children could use Face ID to unlock their parents’ iPhone X
- UK supermarkets to test face recognition for proof-of-age at self-checkout tills