Nintendo is looking at using the NFC functionality on the Wii U controller to let users make payments for games using contactless cards, as well as for interacting with NFC-enabled toys and cards, the company has revealed. As a first step, Nintendo is considering integrating with Japanese railway company JR East’s Suica stored value card service.
- Opal card implanted into Sydney man Meow-Meow could be deactivated by NSW authorities
- American Express goes live with Android Pay in Canada
- A biometric ring could replace your passwords, cards and keys
- Singapore banks to allow cellphone numbers for transfers
- NXP, Shanghai Unicom and Roam2Free collaborate to develop secure eSIM solution