Nintendo is looking at using the NFC functionality on the Wii U controller to let users make payments for games using contactless cards, as well as for interacting with NFC-enabled toys and cards, the company has revealed. As a first step, Nintendo is considering integrating with Japanese railway company JR East’s Suica stored value card service.
- EBA issues opinion on strong customer authentication requirements under PSD2
- Eurosmart reports rise in smartphones with embedded secure elements
- Mastercard unveils smart mirror that lets shoppers make payments in the fitting room
- WhatsApp tests mobile payments with one million consumers in India
- Popularity of contactless payments pushes debit cards ahead of cash in the UK