Chennai Metro Rail Limited (CMRL) plans to include an NFC ticketing option when its service launches in 2015. “CMRL officials said they were working on a facility that would be incorporated in smartphones so that the AFC gate could identify it as a ticket and deduct money from the user’s account, depending on the distance he or she was planning to travel,” The Hindu reports.
- eMarketer: Mobile payments adoption held back by ‘strong contactless card usage’ in Europe
- Korean card companies to launch joint NFC payments service in bid to combat Chinese QR threat
- Wells Fargo puts AI into mobile app to help customers manage their money
- Apple CEO: Mobile payments taking off more slowly than expected
- Microsoft sets out vision for a blockchain-based infrastructure that lets consumers manage their own digital identities