Chennai Metro Rail Limited (CMRL) plans to include an NFC ticketing option when its service launches in 2015. “CMRL officials said they were working on a facility that would be incorporated in smartphones so that the AFC gate could identify it as a ticket and deduct money from the user’s account, depending on the distance he or she was planning to travel,” The Hindu reports.
- Brunei’s largest bank to use Rambus’ Token Service Provider platform to secure mobile payment transactions
- HID Global enables workers to log in with NFC mobile phones
- Costa lets customers make payments with their coffee cups
- Vancouver commuters ‘queue down the block’ for TransLink transit ticketing wristbands
- European Central Bank switches on low cost instant payments system