Bank of China (Hong Kong) is in the final stages of testing an NFC payment service that uses a mixture of secure digital memory cards, SIM cards and NFC add-on devices, the South China Morning Post reports. The service, due to launch in Hong Kong during the second half of this year, will be offered in partnership with Visa, MasterCard and China UnionPay.
- Softbank-backed PayPay to update mobile payments app ‘after wrongful charge complaints’
- 7-Eleven to open unmanned convenience stores in Japan
- Hyundai to let drivers unlock cars with their fingerprint
- UN agency to pilot biometric cards for migrants
- German savings banks press Apple to open up its NFC chip