Bank of China (Hong Kong) is in the final stages of testing an NFC payment service that uses a mixture of secure digital memory cards, SIM cards and NFC add-on devices, the South China Morning Post reports. The service, due to launch in Hong Kong during the second half of this year, will be offered in partnership with Visa, MasterCard and China UnionPay.
- Google Pay goes live in Italy
- Pulse reports on US uptake of mobile debit card payments
- Bank of America brings mobile payments to business card customers
- OP Financial tests face recognition for payments in stores
- Singapore begins rollout of QR code that works with multiple mobile payment schemes