Bank of China (Hong Kong) is in the final stages of testing an NFC payment service that uses a mixture of secure digital memory cards, SIM cards and NFC add-on devices, the South China Morning Post reports. The service, due to launch in Hong Kong during the second half of this year, will be offered in partnership with Visa, MasterCard and China UnionPay.
- ABN Amro pilots wearable payments with select customers
- Danske Bank brings Apple Pay to customers in Northern Ireland
- Dankort gets lockscreen mobile payments and Touch ID support
- Punchh brings Apple Pay to restaurant loyalty program
- East London gets local currency built on the blockchain