Bank of China (Hong Kong) is in the final stages of testing an NFC payment service that uses a mixture of secure digital memory cards, SIM cards and NFC add-on devices, the South China Morning Post reports. The service, due to launch in Hong Kong during the second half of this year, will be offered in partnership with Visa, MasterCard and China UnionPay.
- Chinese province uses Alipay QR codes for citizen ID
- Facebook to launch Messenger payments in India
- Walmart equips garden centre staff with mobile checkout devices
- Chevrolet and Shell let drivers pay for fuel and access offers from their vehicles
- US supermarket chain Meijer to launch mobile self-checkout service