Think&Go has announced that Orange and mobile phone retailer Avenir Telecom are to trial its Dynamic NFC-Screens, which allow information to be transferred from a video screen to NFC phones. Orange will showcase the screens at a major sports event while Avenir will pilot the screens in Marseille. The screens will be commercially available from June 2013 with prices starting at €3,000.
- Chinese province uses Alipay QR codes for citizen ID
- Facebook to launch Messenger payments in India
- Walmart equips garden centre staff with mobile checkout devices
- Chevrolet and Shell let drivers pay for fuel and access offers from their vehicles
- US supermarket chain Meijer to launch mobile self-checkout service